Monday, July 7, 2008

JULY 4th VACATION

We went to Georgetown for the 4th of July for a little family time. The kids were great. They loved the boating and fishing and of course staying in a hotel was the coolest thing to them. I didn't take as many pictures as I had hoped. I guess you could say I was living in the moment instead of capturing the moment on film. All in all, I can't wait to do this again.


Fishing on the boat.

Thrilled to be eating on the bed.

The best part about the trip for me and Luke was that he "got caught" wearing his life jacket by the DNR Officer. They gave him this T-shirt, which he has wanted ever since he saw his cousin's last year. I tried to buy one from the DNR last year. FYI - They will not sell them to you.

Modeling his new shirt - it is a little big, but that is OK. We finally have one.

Miss Priss was not as happy about the whole boating/fishing/water thing, but she did manage to survive.


Check out the cute hairdo for boating.

Hair do after being windblown on the boat.


Wishin' we were some place else.

Finally, a picture of Ryan's dream boat. Seriously, he took this picture and also videoed it. He really wants a house boat. I'm not lovin' the idea just yet. Maybe one that doesn't look like it is going to sink?

2 comments:

Aron said...

Looks like a fun trip! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! We need another Edwards' girl birthday party so we can catch up! :)

The Beckhams said...

Another DNR visit? Dang. At least you got a shirt out of it.

Cute pics and sounds like a fun time. This is opening my eyes a little about how life with kids will be.