Wednesday, July 9, 2008
SO SWEET...
Luke is really growing up. He is 3'5" and 38 pounds. For a 4 year old, he is not huge, but he is getting to be very heavy for me to carry. He likes for me to carry him upstairs at night and when he is really sleepy. I've been telling him lately that he is getting to be a big boy and too big for mommy to carry. Last night, while I was helping him take his bath, he looks up at me and says, "I don't want to get big." (I couldn't begin to imagine why, I thought all kids wanted to grow up). So I asked him why he didn't want to get big and he says, "I want you to always be able to carry me." Of course my heart completely melts at this moment, because a part of me wants him to always stay little, so I told him that I would always be there to hold him and snuggle with him, even when he got too be to big for me to carry, but he didn't like that idea. He insisted that I "stand up" and hold him. I guess I'm going to have to start lifting weights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment